Welcome to The Delta Elland Academy - Online.
Accessing the Online Academy
All staff and students have a Microsoft 365 account that gives them full access to the Online Academy. To log in staff and students should click on the “Quick Links” tab at the bottom of the website.
Please scroll to the bottom of the page for our useful 'how to' guides
UsernameThe user account looks like this: firstname.lastname@example.org
A password will be issued in school and the user will be asked to change this when they first login. If a user forgets their password they can reset it by sending an email to email@example.com
All students should know their usernames and passwords. If you have any issues with this please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing your child’s name and if known, username.
Microsoft 365 – Are you a team player?
The Online Academy gives all staff and students access to The Delta Academy – online. This includes Outlook Email and Calendar, One Drive Cloud Storage, Teams Classrooms, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and many more of the Microsoft 365 packages to use where ever they may be in the world.
The Learning Team - Online
Daily, Live Teacher led sessions will start promptly online at 9am, 10:30am and 12 noon. There will be a teacher input followed by a learning activity. Any student(s) who are absent from sessions where attendance is expected will be contacted by their PLA.
Three Microsoft Teams have been set up for students; KS3 – Work at Home, Y10 – Work at Home and Y11 – Work at Home. When your child logs in, they will find their lesson in the Team corresponding to their year group.
They will follow this timetable:
Session Group Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday 1 KS3 Get up and Go (HGD) PSHE (HK) Get up and Go (HGD) PSHE (HK) Get up and Go (HGD) 10 Offsite Work, or IF English (KFI/GH) Offsite Work, or IF English (KFI/GH) Offsite Work 11 Maths (JEK/MRA) Offsite Work, or IF Maths(JEK/MRA) PSHE (MPA) English (KFI/GH) 2 KS3 Humanities (LCL) Science (MRA) Art (HGD) ICT (MPA) English (KFI/GH) 10 Science (LSC) Maths (JEK) PSHE (HK) Maths (JEK/MRA) Science (LSC) 11 English (KFI/GH) ICT (NM) English (KFI/GH) Offsite Work, or IF Maths(JEK/MRA) 3 KS3 English (KFI/GH) Maths (JEK/MRA) Catch up/ Enrichment/ Staff CPD Science (MRA) Maths(JEK/MRA) 10 ICT (NM) Voc 1 Offsite Work, or IF Voc 2 11 Science (LSC) Science (LSC)
- All lessons
- The Online Academy will be used to enhance all face to face learning, and give students 24/7 access to learning resources, revision and collaborative learning opportunities. Each subject will tailor this to best support the pedagogy for that subject area.
- Students who have to self-isolate will follow their normal timetable at home. They would access the work they need to do independently, in the Working from Home Team for their Year group, on Microsoft Teams
- Partial or Whole School Lockdown
- Students who are part of any partial or whole school lockdown will access online face to face remote learning the very next day. This will be with their normal teacher on Microsoft Teams.
The Pastoral Team - Online
- Each student will also be part of a team with their Personal Learning Assistant in the Pastoral Team. This will be where students will get updates, support, well-being and safeguarding information and keep in direct contact with the whole pastoral team
Additional Online Learning
Key Stage 3
The Oak National Academy have also created lessons for pupils here
Key Stage 4
Additional work will also be set and/or accessed on the following websites (click to access):
Student Safeguarding and Wellbeing
Should you need to contact our dedicated Safeguarding team, please use the links below:
Designated Safeguarding Lead
Head of Academy
0113 212 7010